Saturday, June 8, 2013

Super Dungeon Explore - The End

For now, I'm done painting 'Super Dugeon Explore' miniatures.
Here's the final groupshot:


These miniatures was great fun painting. Although they seem pretty easy, there certainly are pitfalls... The big eyes for example... I have spend a lot of time trying to get them look right, and could have spend even more, but enough is enough.

Here you have some shots of them in pairs:


These turned out better than I had feared. The rogue is merely one big head, and the details on the body are quite hard to pick out. The ranger is likewise short of sharp details. But in the end they got ok. Saved by their big heads I guess.


The cleric and the barbarian was somewhat disappointing. While the cleric is simply a bad sculpt, the barbarian seemed far more promising. But in the end I couldn't make her look as good as I had hoped for.

What now? What miniatures are to be painted now?
Rumours are, there will be no Giant Fanatic tournament this year (alas!) - And what are then to become of my Blood Bowl Norsemen?? Only time will tell. Stay tuned to find out!



2 comments:

  1. Good job!

    Cant wait to get these into the (Super) dungeon to do some explore :-)

    I commissioned Mikkel to paint these because I had no clue how to make them look as good as the game deserves, and they have turned out perfectly.

    It has been great fun to follow the ups and downs of the process. I turns out that Mikkel is a bit of a conservative when it comes to miniatures.

    For others out there wanting minis painted - I can recommend Mikkel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kasper... So glad you like them :)
    Maybe I am a conservative when it comes to miniatures - at least if that means I prefer miniatures with details and relatively plausible anatomy :) But still, These anomalies was great fun! - I might paint more like these in the future...

    ReplyDelete